Viking Star Cruise Specials
Viking Star Shore Excursions
Viking Star Ship Reviews
Viking Star Deck Plans & Cabin Photos
For help choosing a cruise, try our Virtual Cruise Advisor™ or Live Help.
Select a sail date below for competing quotes from multiple travel agencies:
7 Night - Iconic Western Mediterranean - Barcelona to Rome
Starting in Barcelona with stops in Marseille, St. Tropez, Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Rome
2021 Sails: Mar 4
7 Night - Italian Sojourn - Rome to Venice
Starting in Rome with stops in Naples, Sicily, Crotone, Bari, Sibenik, Venice
2021 Sails: Mar 11
7 Night - Journey to Antiquities - Athens to Rome
Starting in Athens with stops in Crete, Katakolon, Cruise the Ionian Sea, Naples, Rome
2021 Sails: Mar 25
7 Night - Iconic Western Mediterranean - Rome to Barcelona
Starting in Rome with stops in Florence/Pisa, Monte Carlo, St. Tropez, Marseille, Barcelona
2021 Sails: Apr 1
10 Night - Scandinavia & the Kiel Canal - Amsterdam to Copenhagen
Starting in Amsterdam with stops in Hamburg, Kiel, Fredericia, Skagen, Oslo, Gothenburg, Copenhagen
2020 Sails: Mar 23
11 Night - Majestic Fjords & Vibrant Cities - Copenhagen to Bergen
Starting in Copenhagen with stops in Berlin, Alborg, Gothenburg, Oslo, Kristiansand, Stavanger, Eidfjord, Bergen
2020 Sails: Apr 2
12 Night - In Search of the Northern Lights - London to Bergen
Starting in Tilbury with stops in Cruise the North Sea, Stavanger, Cruise the Norwegian Sea, Bodo, Tromso, Alta, Narvik, Bergen
2020 Sails: Feb 27
12 Night - In Search of the Northern Lights - Bergen to London
Starting in Bergen with stops in Cruise the Norwegian Sea, Narvik, Alta, Tromso, Bodo, Stavanger, Cruise the North Sea, Tilbury
2020 Sails: Mar 10
12 Night - Iceland's Majestic Landscapes - Bergen to Reykjavik
Starting in Bergen with stops in Flam, Alesund, Geiranger, Cruise the North Sea, Torshavn, Cruise the Norwegian Sea, Seydisfjordur, Akureyri, lsafjordur, Reykjavik
2020 Sails: Jul 6
12 Night - Iceland's Majestic Landscapes - Reykjavik to Bergen
Starting in Reykjavik with stops in lsafjordur, Akureyri, Seydisfjordur, Cruise the Norwegian Sea, Torshavn, Cruise the North Sea, Geiranger, Alesund, Flam, Bergen
2020 Sails: Jul 18
14 Night - Viking Homelands - Bergen to Stockholm
Starting in Bergen with stops in Eidfjord, Stavanger, Alborg, Copenhagen, Berlin, Gdansk, Cruise the Baltic Sea, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm
14 Night - Viking Homelands - Stockholm to Bergen
Starting in Stockholm with stops in Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Cruise the Baltic Sea, Gdansk, Berlin, Copenhagen, Alborg, Stavanger, Eidfjord, Bergen
14 Night - Into the Midnight Sun - Bergen to London
Starting in Bergen with stops in Geiranger, Molde, Scenic Cruising: The Inside Passage, Tromso, Honningsvag, Lofoten, Cruise the Norwegian Sea, Lerwick, Kirkwall, Edinburgh, Cruise the North Sea, Greenwich
14 Night - British Isles Explorer - London to Bergen
Starting in Greenwich with stops in Dover, Scenic Cruising: English Channel, Dublin, Holyhead, Liverpool, Belfast, Ullapool, Kirkwall, Edinburgh, Invergordon, Lerwick, Bergen
2020 Sails: Jun 22
14 Night - Mediterranean Antiquities - Athens to Barcelona
Starting in Athens with stops in Crete, Katakolon, Cruise the Ionian Sea, Naples, Rome, Florence/Pisa, Monte Carlo, Marseille, Cruise the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona
2021 Sails: Mar 25
14 Night - Trade Routes of the Middle Ages - Barcelona to Bergen
Starting in Barcelona with stops in Murcia, Granada, Cruise the Atlantic Ocean, Porto, Falmouth, Portsmouth, Le Havre, Bruges, Amsterdam, Cruise the North Sea, Bergen
2021 Sails: Apr 8
28 Night - Baltic Jewels & the Midnight Sun - Stockholm to London
Starting in Stockholm with stops in Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Cruise the Baltic Sea, Gdansk, Berlin, Copenhagen, Alborg, Stavanger, Eidfjord, Bergen, Geiranger, Molde, Scenic Cruising: The Inside Passage, Tromso, Honningsvag, Lofoten, Cruise the Norwegian Sea, Lerwick, Kirkwall, Edinburgh, Cruise the North Sea, Greenwich
About Viking Star
Classified by some as a "small ship," the 930-passenger all-veranda Viking Star – as well as its two sister ships, Viking Sea and Viking Sky – is engineered at a scale that allows direct access into most ports, so guests have easy and efficient embarkation and debarkation. Light-filled and intimate, the ship features understated elegance and modern Scandinavian design. Highlights include:
- All Veranda Staterooms: Guests can choose from five stateroom categories, starting from a 270 sq. ft. veranda stateroom, all with private verandas, king-size beds, large showers, and LCD TVs.
- Explorer Suites: Viking Star features 14 Explorer Suites, which are two-room suites ranging from 757 to 1,163 sq. ft. that offer sweeping views from wrap-around private verandas as well as the most amenities and privileges of any category onboard.
- Two Pool Choices: In addition to the Main Pool with a retractable dome permitting any-season swimming, the ship features a glass-backed infinity pool, cantilevered off the stern, allowing passengers to swim surrounded by their destination.
- The Spa: In keeping with Viking's Nordic heritage, The Spa onboard is designed with the holistic wellness philosophy of Scandinavia in mind-from the centuries-old tradition of the sauna to a "snow grotto" where snowflakes gently descend from the ceiling through chilled air.
- Explorers' Lounge and Wintergarden: Spaces designed to facilitate mingling and storytelling, the two-deck Explorers' Lounge at the bow is the perfect spot for taking in scenery through double-height windows over a glass of aquavit or pint of local craft beer; and the Wintergarden is a serene environment in which to relax and enjoy afternoon tea service complete with a hand-selected teas.
- Dining Choices:
- Viking Star offers multiple restaurant locations and food choices-from The Restaurant and the World Cafe, serving a variety of global cuisines and regional specialties-to intimate dining experiences at The Chef's Table, Manfredi's Italian Grill and The Kitchen Table, all serving meals prepared with fresh, local ingredients. Furthermore, with multiple choices for outdoor seating during meals, Viking's ocean ships offer more al fresco dining than any other ships.
- Enriching Entertainment: Connecting passengers to their destinations through authentic experiences is central to Viking Cruises, and onboard venues include a dramatic three-deck atrium where passengers can enjoy musicians playing regional and classical music; the Star Theater, home of enrichment lectures from scholars and experts; an onboard cooking school where guests can learn local specialties; and Torshavn, a piano lounge where guests can relax, mingle, and exchange stories after a day of exploring.
- Sustainable Features: Designed with the environment in mind, Viking Star features energy-efficient hybrid engines, hydro-dynamically optimized streamlined hulls and bows for maximum fuel efficiency, onboard solar panels, and equipment that minimizes exhaust pollution and meets the strictest environmental regulations.