At CruiseCompete.com, LLC, we are committed to protecting your personal information that you share with us through the Internet.
Our Commitment to Privacy
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site. We do not specifically collect information about children.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
We do not share your personal information with outside parties. As a general rule, we try to collect the absolute minimum amount of personal information we need to perform the services we provide. We will use your e-mail address to notify you of activity related to your account--primarily to let you know when new quotes become available for you to view. Note that receiving e-mail notifications of new quotes is required if you wish to participate in the CruiseCompete.com service.
Unless you decline when you set up your account, we may also send you periodic e-mails about cruise specials or other information related to the services we offer. If you begin to receive these e-mails then later wish to opt-out, you may simply check a box in your "account set-up" option to remove yourself from the list.
You may also choose to provide us with other information, particularly feedback on the service. This information becomes the property of CruiseCompete.com, and we may use it on the site or in other promotions.
2. Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") Web server logs, and database entries to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through these means include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, cruise quote request data and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis and may be shared with third parties. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional corporate standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of our customers' personal information. As a customer, you will be given the opportunity, at any time, to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of Web browser software that allows Web servers to recognize the computer used to access a Web site. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's Web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one Web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that Web site by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related Web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from Web page to Web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
We use Web site browser software tools such as cookies and Web server logs to gather information about our Web site users' browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our Web site and better serve our customers. This information assists us to design and arrange our Web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our Web site to better meet the needs of our customers and prospective customers. Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our Web site as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our Web site and evaluate our Web site's visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you although they do permit us to send focused online banner advertisements or other such responses to you.
Sharing Information with Member Agencies
We do not generally share any personal information with member agencies on standard requests. When you receive a quote from a member agency, it is your choice whether you wish to contact the agency and provide them with your contact information. Information on past passenger numbers, information provided to CruiseCompete via e-mail, in the "user feedback" section of the site, or on Large Group Requests may be shared with member agencies under a few select circumstances, including:
1. Past Passenger Numbers. Providing agents with your past passenger number can help them get you a better deal on your cruise. Agents could theoretically use past passenger numbers to get your name from the cruise line. While using the information in this way is not a standard practice and is not encouraged, it is a possibility.
2. E-mail requests. When we receive requests via email for quotes (usually on ships or sail dates not listed in our database) we may forward these to agents so they can provide the information requested. Users also occasionally send e-mails to CruiseCompete that appear to be intended for the agents who offered the quotes, and these may also be forwarded to the appropriate agent or agents to facilitate communication.
3. User booked feedback. When a user claims in the user feedback to have booked with a particular agency, we may provide that user's e-mail address to the agency in question to help match the booking to the user. (Note that in this case, the agency most likely has this information already). User feedback along with the user e-mail address may occasionally be shared with member agencies to help address specific problems cited in the feedback, though this is very rare. Other user feedback may be used on the web site (usually in our "Reviews" section), but will be removed upon user request.
4. Large group Requests. If a user requests help in putting together a large group cruise (generally more than ten cabins), he or she has the option of using our non-anonymous, Large Group Request System. Because of the complexities of large group sailing, more communication with agents is needed to do this efficiently. Users who choose to employ this system are explicitly informed before entering requests that their contact information will be provided to one or more tavel agencies so the agencies can contact them to ask questions and prepare offers that meet the user's needs.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our client, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Evaluation of Information Protection Practices.
Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Employee Access, Training and Expectations.
Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by accessing the "account set-up" section of your account.
Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web Site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
See the online American Express credit card applications for details about terms and conditions of reward programs and offers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the " Apply Now " button you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card issuer's web site.
Read more: Compare credit cards here - CreditCards.com
*Third parties using cookies and pixels to target advertisements*