All Cruise Newsletters|
Cruise News and Information
November 23, 2009
The Wall Street Journal Names CruiseCompete “The Best”, Extremely Small Exotic Ships and The Shack at Sea
1. Small ship cruising to the extreme - For travelers who enjoy the offbeat and unusual, there’s nothing quite like cruising on a cargo ship to the enchanting Polynesian Islands. Don’t worry; nobody is going to put you to work. More…………
2. Saturday, November 11, 2009 - The Wall Street Journal Ranks The Best……………..and names CruiseCompete. Please click here for the entire story:
TRAVEL - CRUISE DEALS As with virtually every part of the travel industry, cruise lines are offering some sizable discounts to fill their ships. CruiseCompete is a great place to begin looking for bargains. Based in Des Moines, Iowa (with nary a cruise ship in sight), the service asks you first to pick a cruise ship and the dates you wish to sail. It then shares that information with more than 300 travel agencies, which email prices back to you. You pick the lowest bid and book with that agent. The service is free. Clicking on "View all Cruise Specials" on the Web site's home page allows you to search cruises by various categories: region, cruise line, length of cruise and type of traveler.
3. A Leisurely day at sea on the Equinox, Bingo, Cappuccino and reading the Shack- This is about as good as life gets, nothing you have to do, a good book, I really recommend “The Shack” and music with a day at sea. More………..
4. Interesting Opportunity to Make Commission on Your Web Purchases from Macys to Target to Starbucks and Barnes and Noble + 400 More Retailers - Not cruise-related, but we found new online shopping venture intriguing and thought we'd pass it along. There's a new internet venture called Blastoff which caught our attention because it was co-founded by Adam Smith, one of the key architects of Travelocity.
The concept is simple--you join, then shop online at the stores you usually buy from including Target and Best Buy. Because the stores save on advertising, you get paid money back on each purchase. If your friends sign up and shop, you get a small amount of money on their purchases too. We thought it was neat idea, and hope you'll check it out.: http://my.blastoffnetwork.com/MyCruiseCompete
5. CruiseCompete Highlighted Video: The overview of cruise fashion includes information about what clothing to pack and what to wear on various functions on different cruise lines. Video Run Time: 3:04 https://www.cruisecompete.com/video_what_to_wear_on_your_cruise.php
6. Beautiful postcards - AllThingsCruise offers beautiful (complimentary) https://allthingscruise.com/cruise-e-cards/postcards for you to invite a friend on a cruise, say Bon Voyage or a way to send your ship contact information to family and friends.
We welcome and encourage feedback about our CruiseCompete Currents newsletter:
We're interested in your feedback: please e-mail any comments or suggestions to Heidi Allison, Executive VP & Group Publisher email@example.com