All Cruise Newsletters|
Cruise News and Information
September 24, 2014
The Launch of the AllThingsCruise Gift Shop!
Featuring the Jackie Kennedy Jewelry Collection, Plus More Celebrity Replicas.
The Rise of The All Inclusive Cruise, More & More Lines are Adding Amenities...
& Princess Cruises New Craft Beer!
Over the years, I’ve had many opportunities to travel the world. I’ve seen exotic locations, sampled some of the best cuisine to be found, and shopped in fabulous world markets.
One thing I’ve always enjoyed during my various cruises is purchasing gifts for loved ones, both on the ship and onshore. Several years ago, I was in a cruise line gift shop and spied some jewelry that I absolutely loved. It was the Jackie Kennedy Collection
(All jewelry comes with a History and Replica Certification Card. Also, it comes in a beautiful jewelry box.)
I should have purchased it right then and there, but I decided to wait, and come back for it. Unfortunately, I forgot. And for years, that memory plagued me…how I wished I had bought it when I had the chance!
Recently, purely by coincidence, I found that same jewelry again! It was then that I realized that AllThingsCruise could provide a store, for many of the travel items, conveniences and gifts you might purchase while traveling.
Please, take a look! You might find something you want, need, or something you wished you had purchased in your travels. (And don’t forget to check out the jewelry, I personally think it’s beautiful.) I have purchased the Marilyn Monroe ring and the Jackie Kennedy Turquoise Necklace. Every time I wear them the compliments are many.
See the AllThingsCruise Store at: https://travelstore.allthingscruise.com/
Super Cruise Specials
||Free 4 Night Hotel Stay - AMA Waterways
MS AmaCerto, AmaWaterways - Europe
||Kids Sail Free - NCL Gem w/shipboard credit
Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Cruise Line - North America
||MSC Divina goes to Bermuda w/shipboard credit
MSC Divina, MSC Cruises - Bahamas
||Thanksgiving in South America
Zaandam, Holland America Line - South America
||Windstar 1 Week Promotion
Wind Star, Windstar Cruises - Bermuda
||14NT - Transatlantic - from $610pp with Onboard Credit
Norwegian Star, Norwegian Cruise Line - Caribbean
||14-NT. Smoking Hot Deal for only $1054 p/p. Contact me before it's Go...
Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Cruise Line - North America
||7NT - New England Patriots Fan Cruise - from $891pp with OBC
Celebrity Silhouette, Celebrity Cruises - Eastern Caribbean
||Windstar Summer 2015 Promotion
Star Pride, Windstar Cruises - Mediterranean
||Windstar Fall 2015 Promotion
Wind Star, Windstar Cruises - Mediterranean
Princess Cruises launches new “Seawitch” craft beer series with exclusive 50th anniversary blend
Princess Cruises' new “Seawitch” craft beer is a celebratory 50th anniversary IPA debuting aboard Regal Princess in November.
Princess Cruises is pouring a new craft beer to toast its upcoming 50th anniversary. The “Seawitch” West Coast IPA beer – playfully named for the company’s iconic logo – was developed exclusively for Princess Cruises, in partnership with award-winning Strike Brewing Company, and is the first in the line’s new series of craft beers. The brew will be introduced aboard Regal Princess when the cruise ship debuts in Florida for a season of Caribbean cruises this November. More…
The Rise of the All-Inclusive Cruise.
It seems the cruise lines are moving more and more toward all-inclusive packages, due to consumer demand. Does the idea of having one cost, paid up front, appeal to you?
Some of the reasons you might want to consider a line that has an all-inclusive package:
- No tipping
- No carrying a purse or wallet, leave the room without them
- No packing & unpacking /all amenities are in one location
- Luxury all-inclusive are great for an adults only vacation
- Even shore excursions are included on some operators
- Staying within budget becomes simpler when there are no surprise costs
Which lines offer the most included amenities? Check out our all-inclusive chart here.
The idea of an “everything’s included” package can also be very appealing to families, where the logistics of planning a vacation become more complex:
Here are 7 reasons all-inclusive cruises are trending for Families
- Family vacation planning is simplified- it’s quite easy to find a cruise package that fits your needs and budget.
- There are lots of options when it comes to all inclusive cruises. They can be as long or short as you desire, and can visit virtually any location that you can imagine.
- The ship provides a secure location, so you can feel safe traveling with your family. There’s no worry that you might end up in an undesirable area or hotel when you travel
- Food is included; a major benefit since it’s usually a big budget item for a family vacation.
- A wide variety of activities are included (and planned for you). The cruise lines want families to sail, and do an excellent job of catering to families with a wide variety of programs, entertainment, and activities.
- Cruises also make an excellent venue for celebrating occasions like weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc- and the staff can set up the celebrations per your request (There may be additional charges, depending on what you’d like done.)
- You don't have to pull out your wallet (or credit card) for every little expense.
Want to know exactly what the lines are including in their fares? Check out our all-inclusive chart, which shows you exactly how one line compares to another. You can see the chart here.
If you’re traveling with your family, it’s a great idea to become familiar with the cruise lines children’s policies, and the onboard pregnancy policies.
One other thing that falls in line with these things is the diaper policy for young children; most children’s programs will not accept a child who is still in diapers, regardless of age. (If the child is in an onboard nursery, however, the staff generally does change diapers.)
There are some lines that make allowances- read on to see which of the lines are the best bet if you’d your child is still in diapers but you’d like them to participate in a children’s program. (If there are no children’s programs available, that is noted as well.)
Upscale Contemporary Lines
Disney Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruises- Carnival Cruise line will change diapers. Guests are asked to provide the diapers and wipes and label them in the playroom. Carnival Cruise line does not accept children under 2 in their Camp carnival program.
- Costa Cruises- Costa Cruises’ children’s’ programs accepts children 3 and older and they must be out of diapers.
- MSC Cruises-To participate in MSC’s children programs children must be 3 years old and potty trained. MSC Cruises offers a new MSC Baby Care Services for children 1 to 3 years old. It is available when the ship is at sea for limited times. They will change diapers.
- P&O Cruises-Staff will change diapers of children in the children program if the parent supplies consent to do this on the registration form that must be completed as part of the initial registration. Parents are asked to supply diapers and wipes.
-Disney children’s club is for children 3 and older and they should be potty trained. Disney does offer nurseries on all ships for children under 3. The nursery programs are not complimentary, there is a per hour fee. Guest are asked to bring diaper supplies
- Norwegian Cruise Line-Norwegian Cruise Line will accept children who are not potty trained into their children’s program, but they will not change diapers. Parents will be given a beeper to alert them when their child needs a change.
- Princess Cruises-Princess Cruises’ children’s program is designed for children 3 and over. Children must be potty trained. Staff will not change diapers.
- Royal Caribbean Line- All children participating in Royal Caribbean’s Adventure Ocean activities are required to be 3 years of age, 100% toilet trained and diaper and pull-up free.
- Celebrity Cruises-To participate in Celebrity Cruise Toddler time for children under 3 children do not need to be potty trained but they must be accompanied by a parent. To participate in Shipmates children must be 3 years old and fully toilet trained. Staff will not change diapers.
- Cunard Line-Cunard’s onboard nannies will change diapers as long as parents sign a consent form.
- Holland America-All children participating in Holland America Line’s children’s program must be fully toilet trained. No diapers or pull-ups are permitted in the Youth center.
- Sea Cloud Cruises-Sea Cloud cruises does not offer any children’s programs
- Azamara Club Cruises- There are no children’s programs on Azamara Club Cruises.
- Oceania Cruises- Oceania Cruises does not provide for the care, entertainment or supervision of children.
- Windstar Cruises-There are no children’s programs on Windstar Cruises’ ships
Small Ship Lines
- Crystal Cruises- Children must be potty trained to participate in Crystal Cruises’ children’s’ programs
- Hapag-Lloyd Cruises- Complementary children’s programs start at age 4 and children must be potty trained. Hapag-Lloyd’s offers the Knopf Club children’s program for toddlers 2-3 year old is subject to a per day fee.
- Paul Gauguin Cruises- There are no children’s programs on Paul Gaugin Cruises’ ships.
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Regent Seven Seas Cruises does not provide for the care, entertainment or supervision of children.
- Seabourn- There are no special programs for children.
- Seadream Yacht Club- There are no formal children’s programs or babysitting services available on the yacht.
- Silversea- There are no special programs for children on board.
River Cruise Lines
- Blount Small Ship Adventures- There are no children’s programs on Blount.
- Hebridean Island Cruises- There are no child-specific programs on Hebridean.
- Voyages to Antiquity. There are no facilities for children on board.
- Swan Hellenic There are no recreational facilities for children aboard Minerva and reservations for children are not advised.
- Saga- Saga Cruises are exclusively for those aged 50 and over so there are no children or teenagers on board.
Luxury River Barge Lines
- AmaWaterways - AmaWaterways does not provide child-specific programs or child-minding facilities.
- American Cruise Lines- American Cruise Lines does not offer children’s programs.
- American Queen Steamboat Co.- The line does not offer children’s programs.
- Avalon Waterways- There are no children’s programs onboard.
- Scenic Tours/Scenic Cruises- There are no children’s programs aboard Scenic Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruising- No children’s programs onboard.
- Uniworld- There are no special arrangements, activities, or accommodations for children on Uniworld river cruises and tour programs.
- Viking River Cruises- Viking River Cruises does not maintain facilities or services for children aboard river cruise vessels.
- Abercrombie & Kent- No children’s programs onboard.
- A-Rosa Cruises- No children’s programs onboard.
- Emerald Waterways- No children’s programs onboard.
- European Waterways- There are no child-specific programs on European Waterways.
- France Cruises- There are no child-specific programs.
- French Country Waterways- There are no child-specific programs.
Sailing Vessel/Yacht Lines
- Alaskan Dream Cruises- There are no child-specific programs.
- Ecoventura- There are no child-specific programs.
- G-Adventures- There are no child-specific programs on G Adventures.
- Hurtigruten- There are no child-specific programs on Hurtigruten.
- Lindblad Expeditions- Programs are designed for older children.
- Poseidon Expeditions- There are no formal children’s programs on Poseidon.
- Un-Cruise Adventures- There are no official children’s programs onboard, and the recommended age to sail is 12, with some exceptions.
- Voyages to Antiquity- Their cruise programs are destination focused and designed for adults. There are no facilities for children on board.
- Compagnie Du Ponant- Children under 3 years of age are not authorized to sail.
- Sea Cloud Cruises- There are no facilities or programs for children.
- Variety Cruises- Variety Cruises ships has no recreational facilities for children.
Traveling with children? Take a look at the cruise lines children’s policies, and the onboard pregnancy policies.
Travel Writers Diaries
Want to know more about the lines? You can read about our writer’s experiences on the different lines by visiting our comprehensive Travel Diaries page here.
Cindy Boal Janssens sails on the new Scenic Jade river ship on the Danube from Nuremburg to Budapest. Read her reports.
Jackie Finch makes her first trip to Greece on the Louis Cristal. Read her impressions here.
Welcome Len Kaufman as ATC's featured cruise videographer. View his exciting videos here.
New ATC blogger David G. Houser sails on the small ship Independence with American Cruise Lines.
Robert W. Bone is sailing from Quebec City to Boston on HAL's Veendam. Read his travel diary.
Julie Hatfield embarks on an Adriatric Odyssey aboard the Panorama. Follow her here.
Marcia Levin travels on European Waterways's L'Impressioniste barge in Southern Burgundy. Read her reports here.
Gerry Barker goes on a concert cruise with Carnival. See if he likes it!
More Information About the Lines:
Everything you need to know about the various cruise lines and their ships:
Which lines are all-inclusive? What do the lines offer to keep your experience over the top?
Time Sensitive Deals from the CruiseCompete Blog:
Contemporary Cruise Line Deals
Costa Cruises: Costa Cruises is offering free upgrades and reduced deposits when Costa Luminosa and Costa Mediterranea reposition to Miami, Fla., in December for a season of unique 10-, 11- and 12-night cruises to the eastern, western and southern Caribbean. For dates and details click here.
Upscale Contempoary Cruise Line Deals
Princess Cruises: Princess Cruises has three free offers for guests booking Alaska, Europe or Japan cruises and cruisetours sailing in 2015. The “3 For Free” sales event not only includes free stateroom location upgrades, a free shore excursion credit and free onboard spending credit, but also features a refundable deposit of only $100 per person. Runs through November 20. For details click here.
Royal Caribbean International: Royal Caribbean's 3 Ways to Save promotion offers great savings. Choose between 3 great offers: buy one get second guest 50% off, friends and family sail free, or $1,500 off when booking Choiceair. They have extended this offer through October 1, 2014, so book now. For details click here.
Premium Cruise Line Deals:
Celebrity Cruises: Celebrity is offering up to $300 of onboard credit per stateroom on select sailings. This offer can be combined with their Pick Your Perk promotion. Receive up to $150 of onboard credit on Alaska sailings that depart between May through October 2015 or up to $300 of on board credit per stateroom on 2015 Europe sailings. Book September 10-October 5 to enjoy this offer. For details click here.
Cunard Line: Guests who book their 2016 World and Exotic Cruise adventures before 28 February 2015 will receive a reduced deposit of 15 percent and on board credit up to $3,000 per stateroom on Full World Cruises and Segments between 25 and 90 days, as well as free gratuities of up to $3,267 per stateroom (based on the 121-day Queen Elizabeth World Cruise) for voyages of 91 or more days. For more information click here.
Cunard Line: During Cunard Line's Fall Bonus Days book a balcony stateroom, Princess Grill, or Queens Grill Suite on select voyages and receive free gratuities, free special dining for tow, and up to $400 on board credit per stateroom. Offer expires October 15, 2014. For details click here.
Cunard Line: Book by September 30, 2014 for great savings on Cunard's Caribbean Fiesta holiday cruise. Departing December 22, 2014 for 12 day aboard the Queen Mary 2 this cruise sails roundtrip from New York, NY. Interior staterooms start at $1,899/pp. For details, click here.
Cunard Line: Book by September 30, 2014 and receive the best available stateroom for $599 on Cunard's 11 day Mediterranean cruise departing December 5, 2014 aboard the Queen Elizabeth from Rome to Southampton. For details click here.
Holland America Line: Holland America Line offering up to $500 air savings each way, per person on select 2015 exotic voyages when booked by September 28, 2014. For details click here.
Ultra Premium Cruise Line Deals:
Azamara Club Cruises: Azamara Club Cruises offering 50% off second guest voyage fares on select sailings. Book bay September 30, 2014 to take advantage of this great promotion. For details click here.
Oceania Cruises: For a limited time Oceania Cruises is offering 2 for 1 cruise fares plus free airfare on select Fall 2014 sailings. Fares expire 12/31/14. For details click here.
Oceania Cruises: Oceania Cruises has added new dates and savings to their "Your World on Sale" promotion. Savings include 2 for 1 fares plus free airfare, free pre-paid gratuities, free unlimited internet, and shipboard credit. Fares expire 12/31/14. For details click here.
Windstar Cruises: Book by October 31, 2014 and take advantage of saving of up to 61% plus receive 2 free hotel night for select 2015 Europe sailings. For details click here.
Ultra Luxury Cruise Line Deals:
Crystal Cruises: Book select sailings with Crystal Cruise by October 31, 2014 to take advantage of book now savings. Fares start at just $1,400 per person. For details click here.
Paul Gauguin Cruises: For a limited time Paul Gauguin Cruises is offering savings for $950 to $1,400 per person on their holiday cruise departing December 20, 2014 for 7 nights roundtrip from Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica aboard the Moana. For more information click here.
River Cruise Line Deals:
American Cruise Line: American Cruise Line offering saving of up to $1,000 per stateroom plus waived port charges and fees on the October 25, 2014 Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands cruise. Offer ends on September 30, 2014. For details click here.
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection: For a limited time Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is offering 2 ways to save on select holiday itineraries. Couples can save up to $2,500 on cruise and air or solo travelers can enjoy no single supplement. This offer expires September 30, 2014. For details and sailing dates click here.
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection offering savings of up to $1,800 per couple on 2015 Rhine Cruises on reservations made by October 31, 2014. For sailings and details click here.
Sailing Vessel/Yacht Cruise Line Deals:
Star Clippers: Star Clippers is offering great savings on select Mediterranean and French Riviera cruise when booked by September 30, 2014. Rates from $2,499 per person, including air and taxes! For sailing dates and details click here.
Star Clippers: Book a select Star Clippers cruise by October 15 and sail solo at a great rate. For details click here.
Cruise Specials by Price…
Under $500 to Over $25,000. See them all here.
Cruise Specials by Region…
Africa and Alaska to Transoceanic and World Cruises… And everywhere in between. See the cruise regions here.
Cruise Specials by Cruise Line…
See offers from all the cruise lines here
Cruise Specials by Category… Adventure, River, Honeymoon and more!
See them here.
Cruise Specials by Length… 3 days, to 6 months or more.
See all the options here
Cruise Specials by Month… Now through December 2015.
Get a month by month breakdown by clicking here
Holiday Cruise Specials…
Celebrate your holidays with a cruise. To see all the holiday options, click here.
More features on CruiseCompete
Weddings at Sea Cruise Videos Cruise Ship Reviews Cruise Port Reviews
Anchorage Baltimore Boston Cape Liberty Charleston Chicago Fort Lauderdale Galveston Halifax Honolulu Houston Jacksonville Ketchikan Long Beach Los Angeles Miami Montreal Nashville New Orleans New York Nome Port Canaveral Quebec City San Diego San Francisco Seattle Seward Tampa Vancouver Victoria West Palm Beach Whittier
Choose a ship or line:
Browse Cruise Ships and Cruise Lines
AmaWaterways Avalon Waterways Azamara Club Cruises Carnival Cruises Celebration Cruise Line Celebrity Cruises Costa Cruises Crystal Cruises Cunard Disney Cruises Emerald Waterways Holland America (HAL) Imperial River Cruises MSC Cruises Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Oceania Cruises Paul Gauguin Cruises Princess Cruises Regent Seven Seas Cruises Royal Caribbean (RCL) Scenic Cruises Seabourn SeaDream Yacht Club Silversea Cruises Star Clippers Swan Hellenic Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Variety Cruises Viking River Voyages of Discovery Voyages to Antiquity Windstar Cruises World Quest Cruises Cruises by Region
– Find us on Facebook
! Follow us on Twitter
Looking for past Currents Newsletters? Just click here for more…
We are interested and truly welcome and encourage feedback about our Currents newsletter. Please email any comments or suggestions to Heidi Allison, Executive VP & Group Publisher, at Heidi@AllThingsCruise.com