7 Paramount Reasons to Book an Inaugural Cruise: Maiden Voyages, Champagne Christenings, Celebrity Godmothers
What is Included on a Cruise? The All-New, All-Inclusive Chart!
Private Tours of Nice, Monaco, French Rivera,
and Exclusive Art Tours
Odd, interesting and useful items we found on the Web
Click here for more cruise specials
The All-New, All-Inclusive Chart!
One of the most popular features of the AllThingsCruise website, the All-Inclusive chart, has been updated for summer, with new information straight from the lines! Need some help deciding which line is right for you? This handy chart will show you which amenities are included for each line.
Take a look here!
And for other useful cruise planning tools, click here.
Did you realize we have shore excursions up to 75% off?
Private Tours of Nice, Monaco, French Rivera, and Exclusive Art Tours
In a group of no more than eight guests, visit three of the best-known museums on the French Riviera on this wonderfully enriching Art Tour.
Depart from Monte Carlo with your driver/escort and drive to the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild located on the exclusive peninsula of Cap Ferrat. Upon arrival, your driver will tell you where and when to meet, and then you will have free time on your own to see some of the ground floor rooms of the mansion and stroll in its exquisitely colored gardens during your approximately one-hour visit.
Next, drive to the Cimiez hill district of Nice, where you will drive by the winter residential area of Queen Victoria to reach the Chagall Museum. The museum offers a permanent and temporary exhibition of the artist including paintings, drawings and engravings. You will have approximately 45 minutes of free time at the museum.
A short drive will take you to the Matisse Museum. During your 45 minutes of free time in the museum, which is located in a 17th-century Italian house, you will see the personal collection of the artist, who lived in Nice from 1917 until 1954. At the end of the visit, you will meet your driver and make the 45-minute drive back to Monte Carlo. More...
To see more Shore Excursions by port, click here.
Up to 75% off Shore Excursions
CruiseCompete links you to third-party shore excursion providers, giving you access to premium shore excursions at substantially lower prices. Enjoy a more intimate cruise tour experience away from the crowds.
Be confident in your choice with 24/7 support for travelers, a full refund if you miss your shore excursion due to itinerary changes or weather, and guaranteed return to your cruise ship.
Visit the CruiseCompete Shore Excursions page here.
A big "Thank You" from CEO Bob Levinstein:
A few weeks ago, I sent out an e-mail asking CruiseCompete members to help spread the word about our service. We asked that you tell friends; "like" us or post a note on Facebook; and we offered to send out some cards describing our service to hand out to people who might be shopping for a cruise. The response was overwhelming: lots of posts online; e-mails confirming that you already tell friends about us; and so many requests for cards that we had to put in a second rush order to meet the demand.
(We did order extra cards, just in case anyone else wants some, just email Just email CruiseCompete.com Support (email@example.com).
One of the best things about this business is the quality of people that we have the privilege of serving. Your actions confirmed that for me once again.
My best to all of you and yours. Thank you again!
Bob Levinstein - CEO
7 Paramount Reasons to Book an Inaugural Cruise
Maiden Voyages, Champagne Christenings, Celebrity Godmothers and Sparkling New Everything Make for an Historical Cruise to Remember
1. The inauguration ceremony and sailing of a ship often becomes a local or international event. Depending on the significance, the pomp-and-circumstance inaugural ceremony can be a large and well-orchestrated ceremony with honored guests from all over the world. As an example, Royal Caribbean’s reception of its newest ship, Harmony of the Seas, was celebrated with a traditional delivery and flag changing ceremony in Saint Nazaire, and the ship launched her inaugural summer season with the first of 34 seven-night western Mediterranean sailings on June 7. After visiting some of Europe’s most beautiful locations, Harmony will arrive at her homeport of Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., where she will offer seven-night eastern and western Caribbean sailings.
2. Bragging rights and glamour. There’s something to be said for being part of a new ship’s history, a member of the “elite” group present for the very first sailing. How marvelous is it to be able to say, "Oh, yes, I was on the maiden voyage of that beautiful ship"? And you may literally bump into royalty… Regent Seven Seas Cruises recently announced that H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco will serve as Godmother of the Regent Seven Seas Explorer at a gala christening event in Monte Carlo, Monaco, on July 13, 2016.
3. Amenities galore. The cruise lines know that positive word-of-mouth is an excellent marketing tool. The better the buzz, the better the bookings will be on future voyages. The line may take this opportunity to impress passengers on a maiden voyage with extra special food, entertainment and activities. For example, the very first IMAX Theatre at sea? Nowhere else but the Carnival Vista, which launched in April. The ship also features nearly 30 dining and bar venues.
4. Tangible memories. The lines frequently offer special inaugural events and keepsake tokens as part of the maiden voyage. When Cunard's Queen Mary 2 launched, she offered "Limited Edition" QM2 maiden-voyage commemorative items, including t-shirts, playing cards, cups and saucers, stamps, baseball caps and key chains… and even painted ostrich eggs! These tokens are a great way to remember your voyage.
5. Fantastic fares. In order to generate interest in the ship, some maiden voyages offer “introductory pricing,” which can be significantly lower than future sailings. This is, after all, the ship’s introduction to the consumer. Public opinion has not yet been formed and the cruise lines are eager to put their best foot forward, which sometimes translates to a steal on cruise fares.
6. Tailored-to-suit service. Because the shipboard routine has not been established and the ship’s staff is still finding out what guests want and need, they tend to be quite flexible with things like on-board activities, menus and seating arrangements. Veterans generally say there are small glitches, but they love the fact that the staff is more accommodating as they work into their new routines.
7. Pristine and brand new. There’s a certain appeal to being on board a brand new ship…. to experience accommodations that have no wear and tear, no sign of passengers who have come before. Every part of the ship is in immaculate condition – the rooms are sparkling, the carpets spotless, and every dish, sheet and towel has never been used. Plus, you get to enjoy all this cleanness… without having lifted a finger. What’s not to love?
For a list of ships launching in 2016 and beyond, please click here.
You've got benefits!
As a member of CruiseCompete, you're entitled to all our site has to offer! Here are some handy links to help you explore the site. Sign into your account here.
Not a member of CruiseCompete yet? Sign up for a free account here!
Think all hotel prices are the same? Think again.
To see Member-Only hotel pricing, click here and go into your CruiseCompete account, then click on Wholesale Hotel Deals to go to CruiseCompete’s Amazing Travel Offers. (Please note: No membership fee required and Apple users may need to unblock cookies.)
CruiseCompete is committed to providing a satisfying cruise travel experience, so please feel free contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you once again for choosing CruiseCompete.
CruiseCompete.com/Compete Ventures, LLC.
Men And Cruising: Cruise Lines Cater To Men's Interests- Things Men Love At Sea
With an increase in the male demographic, cruise lines are designing their experience to cater more to men's interests and needs.
Contrary to popular belief, guys and cruise travel can - and do - go together. With a surge in the male demographic, cruise lines now offer men of all ages plenty to do - with or without accompaniment by the women in their lives.
Fabulous Food "24/7" - Casual buffets and bistro-style cafes offer light menu items, and ethnic specialty restaurants offer the reservations-only dining experience. Virtually all ships feature 24-hour pizzeria services and room service, and in many eateries, casual attire is welcome.
Hit the Gym - Want to continue that workout at sea? The ships have terrific running tracks and state-of-the-art gyms/equipment. What better way to work off that cruise cuisine than doing a few laps around a track atop the ship's upper deck, breathing in fresh sea air?
Tee It Up - Men who prefer to hit the links rather than the pool or beach can still enjoy the game at sea. In addition to amazingly real, on-board computerized golf simulators, many cruise lines have expanded their stops at some of the world's most picturesque and challenging golf courses throughout the world.
Sun Time is Fun Time - The cruise lines have turned themselves into floating entertainment centers and include innovations like bowling alleys and Flowrider surfing pools. Virtually all of the major cruise ships feature winding water slides, challenging rock-climbing walls, giant trampolines and ice skating rinks (sans hockey sticks and pucks), among other amenities.
Private Islands - Many of the cruise lines utilize "private islands" which include amenities such as beach and water sports, snorkeling, boat and kayak rentals, and hiking and sightseeing opportunities.
Experience Unique Adventure - Cruise travel offers countless opportunities for men looking for adventure and a raise in adrenaline levels. Carnival Cruises take travelers to Belize on an unforgettable cave tubing and rain forest exploration tour, and Crystal Cruises puts travelers who enjoy speed behind the wheel of a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Maserati for an independent exploration of Monaco.
Pick Your Vice: Beer, Wine, or Cigar Bars - International brewers showcase signature and specialty beers and sponsor special onboard beer-tasting parties for those of drinking age. For the more sophisticated palate, wine-tasting opportunities and cigar bars abound.
Roll the Dice - For the "gambling man", virtually all ocean cruise ships feature floating casinos (with the exception of Disney Cruise Lines). Blackjack, roulette, poker, craps and slot machines are popular; veteran cruisers report that Royal Caribbean's newest ships feature the largest gaming areas. (Note: the casinos only operate when the ship is at sea, or when local laws allow gaming in port.) If an on-board casino is not enough, many cruise ports also feature land-based casinos.
Relaxation (Spa) Heaven - Industry reports say approximately one-third of spa guests are now men, and is not uncommon to see them enjoying massages, facials and pedicures. Other popular services include aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and thalassotherapy (seawater-based treatments).
Greatest Shows on Earth - Forget the lounge acts: the cruise lines are producing multi-million dollar, special effects- laden entertainment extravaganzas, such as Royal Caribbean's "Invitation to Dance", based on the popular Dancing with the Stars television show.
To learn more about the cruiselines, and what they offer, click here.
Odd, interesting and useful items we found on the Web
Do You Know What Your Former Boss will Say About You to a Prospective New Employer?
This site will call, find out and give the results back to you!
2016 Family Friendly Cruise Travel Planner [PDF] or Online book
While there is a perfect cruise vacation for everyone, not every cruise line is the ideal match for every family. Some lines have minimum age requirements for children (and pregnancy policies for expectant parents!), and others don't permit children to sail at all. In addition, while a line may allow children to sail, it’s not a given that the line has specially designed children’s programs in place.
With these things in mind, determining the best cruise line for your family takes careful research, preparation and planning. The travel experts at CruiseCompete have composed the “2016 Family-Friendly Cruise Travel Planner,” which details every aspect of the family cruise vacation experience.
The “2016 Family-Friendly Cruise Travel Planner” is designed to kick-start your cruise vacation planning, and covers the entire spectrum of options with information on mainstream lines like Disney Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean International, Carnival Cruise Line and Norwegian Cruise Line, as well as unique alternatives like luxury, river and small ship excursion companies.
All information has been compiled in an easy-to-read format, with brief “at-a-glance” summaries to see if the cruise line fits your basic requirements, followed by more detailed information about the atmosphere on board, the destinations you can travel to and the specific programs available for children.
Take a look! 2016 Family Friendly Cruise Travel Planner [PDF] or Online book
Explore More On CruiseCompete:
Cruise Port Reviews
Cruise Ship Reviews
Weddings at Sea
CruiseCompete member-agents are the most well-educated, forward-thinking and trusted cruise specialists in the industry. If you’d like more information or assistance planning a future cruise, please visit CruiseCompete.com. To see consumer feedback click here.
AllThingsCruise – Find us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
Looking for past Currents Newsletters? Just click here for more…
We are interested and truly welcome and encourage feedback about our Currents newsletter. Please email any comments or suggestions to Heidi Allison, Executive VP & Group Publisher, at Heidi@AllThingsCruise.com