About Carnival Cruise Line
This line’s combination of quality, value and fun has made Carnival the world’s most popular cruise line; they carry more passengers than any other cruise line.
Carnival guests experience a considerable variety of on-board dining, entertainment and activity options; the line is constantly upgrading its ships and adding new attractions. The ships of Carnival have become increasingly popular with young families, and they carry more than 700,000 youngsters every year, more than half of all children who travel on a cruise.
The reasons for this popularity include budget-friendly pricing and promotions and the constant addition of family-oriented programs and amenities. In 2014, Carnival incorporated Dr. Seuss characters, meals, books, movies and story-time into its programs on 24 ships, with plans to implement the change fleet-wide by 2015. This enhancement brought Carnival in line with Norwegian Cruise Line, which has Nickelodeon, and Royal Caribbean, which has Dreamworks characters.
Carnival Cruises is best for:
Families, couples and young adults looking for adventure and sports activities;
Older adults who want a “fun” cruise at a budget price;
Families with small children;
Families with teen-agers;
Family reunions, multi-generational;
First time cruisers who want a budget-friendly holiday.
The ships of Carnival Cruises:
The atmosphere and experience onboard Carnival Cruises:
- Carnival Breeze (3,690 Passengers)
- Carnival Conquest (2,974 Passengers)
- Carnival Dream (3646 Passengers)
- Carnival Ecstasy (2,040 Passengers)
- Carnival Elation (2.040 Passengers)
- Carnival Fantasy (2,044 Passengers)
- Carnival Fascination (2040 Passenger
- Carnival Freedom (3,734 Passengers)
- Carnival Glory (2,974 Passengers)
- Carnival Imagination (2,040 Passengers)
- Carnival Inspiration (2,040 Passengers)
- Carnival Legend (2,124 Passengers)
- Carnival Liberty (2,974 Passengers)
- Carnival Magic (3,652 Passengers)
- Carnival Miracle (2,124 Passengers)
- Carnival Paradise (2,040 Passengers)
- Carnival Pride (2,124 Passengers)
- Carnival Sensation (2,040 Passengers)
- Carnival Splendor (3,006 Passengers)
- Carnival Sunshine (3006 Passengers)
- Carnival Triumph (2,758 Passengers)
- Carnival Valor (2,974 Passengers)
- Carnival Victory 2,758 Passengers)
Carnival Cruise Lines' vessels are known as "Fun Ships," with non-stop, fast-paced active fun. The ships are decorated in bright colors, with relatively spacious cabins, and varied entertainment and options. As most Carnival itineraries center on warm-weather destinations, upgraded water parks, slides, pools, etc. are major attractions on its ships.
A Carnival cruise will feature at least one formal evening (two during a one-week itinerary), with men wearing either tuxedos or jackets and ties and women wearing either gowns or cocktail dresses. The rest of the time, resort casual attire prevails.
Given the large number of children found on a Carnival ship, especially during school holidays, it’s appropriate that the ships have adults-only outdoor areas, comedy performances for adults (as well as for families) and large, full-featured spas.
Carnival’s ticket prices and frequent promotions offer solid, sometimes unbeatable, value.
The destinations served by Carnival Cruises:
The clientele of Carnival Cruises:
- Canada and New England
- Panama Canal
- Russia and Scandinavia
- South America
Although the line’s marketing reflects a youthful image, its demographic indicates an average age of 45+. This average includes the growing number of families with young children who travel on Carnival ships. Many passengers will be first-time cruisers, couples, singles and multi-generational families looking for good value in cruising and a wide range of entertainment and dining options.
Regarding children onboard Carnival Cruises: Minimum age for sailing will be generally 6 months and 12 months for Transatlantic, Hawaii and South American cruises. Camp Carnival is unable to accept children under the age of 2 during activity times. There are no age exceptions to this policy. While many lines offer babysitting services, Carnival caretakers will change diapers, a rare onboard service.